Monday 26 January 2015

MONDAY BLUES

A bit of blue for this grey Monday in London.




Take me back to Rabat in Morocco, the vividness of the blue buildings are just phe-nom-en-al. They actually paint their homes in this blue to repel mosquitoes. Apparently mosquitoes don't like blue. Fools. I do.



These are the ways in which I like blue most;



Blue with pink. Baby blue and baby pink. Bring me a newborn baby now. 


Navy blue and white. Royal Dolton got something right. 


Blue and lemon yellow. There's just something so happy about this space. I want to put a very loud Spice Girls track on (preferably a tune from the first album) and dance in this room. 


Blue accents. The blue in this kitchen just lifts the space so effortlessly. It could have been boring and  rather forgettable. But the crockery just adds some pops of colours that work so bloody well with the greyish wood and the marble. 


This photo is blurry. Such a sad thing. But the blue stripe in the doorway is such a genius idea. It makes you want to head on in to that other room, he's like the more exciting brother of this grown up space.... Very well done. 

 Blue tiles. Even with a chrome tile trim (a personal pet hate of mine) these tiles are perfection in this space. So subtle and intricate but so punchy at the same time.

Blue watercolours of any description are fine with me. 


Squid ink blue. Blue food is rare kids, this one makes the cut. That plate... 


Yes. Just yes. 

Oh and one for good luck. This is a neon writing that I created and sourced from NeonCreations in a house that I designed for a client. I was wary about the blue Bryn, i'm not gonna lie. 


It actually couldn't have worked better, it was so soft, but also a real statement that looked so god damn cool. 

The sad thing about this photo is that I filled the water jug half full and it clashes with those empty glasses. If I had a time machine this would be the first thing I used it for to put things right. I am a sad individual.  








No comments:

Post a Comment